This workshop will encompass a fundamental knowledge of how a marine canvas fabrication shop operates and the business process from acquiring clients to the installation of a final product on a boat. No experience is required and is geared towards the individual who is exploring the marine canvas profession and desiring to obtain a thorough general knowledge within the industry.
Our students will learn frame components and proper mounting techniques, as well as patterning, proper transferring of patterns and fabric layout. “Tools of the trade” will be displayed, and a vast knowledge and use of a variety of commercial sewing machines and the basic maintenance required in maintaining them. Within the workshop each student will set up a frame with components, pattern and fabricate a bimini top including a completed window panel. We believe fabricating these two basic components lays the core fundamental knowledge for many marine canvas fabrication projects and advanced training workshops. Properly mounted frames, flawless patterning techniques to properly contoured flaps and pockets all play a role in constant high quality standards in the industry.
- Core Fundamentals - November 04 2019 - November 07 2019 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - November 18 2019 - November 21 2019 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - January 06 2020 - January 09 2020 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - February 10 2020 - February 13 2020 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - March 23 2020 - March 26 2020 - 8:30 am CDT - 4:00 pm CDT