This workshop will encompass a fundamental knowledge of how a marine canvas fabrication shop operates and the business process from acquiring clients to the installation of a final product on a boat. No experience is required and is geared towards the individual who is exploring the marine canvas profession and desiring to obtain a thorough general knowledge within the industry.
Our students will learn frame components, patterning, proper transferring of patterns and fabric layout. “Tools of the trade” will be displayed, and a vast knowledge and use of a variety of commercial sewing machines and the basic maintenance required in maintaining them. Within the workshop each student will learn about frame components, pattern and fabricate a bimini top including a completed window panel. We believe fabricating these two basic components lays the core fundamental knowledge for many marine canvas fabrication projects and advanced training workshops. Properly mounted frames, flawless patterning techniques to properly contoured flaps and pockets all play a role in constant high quality standards in the industry.
- Core Fundamentals - November 01 2021 - November 03 2021 - 8:30 am CDT - 4:00 pm CDT
- Core Fundamentals - November 15 2021 - November 17 2021 - 12:00 am CST
- Core Fundamentals - December 13 2021 - December 15 2021 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - January 17 2022 - January 19 2022 - 8:30 am CST - 4:00 pm CST
- Core Fundamentals - March 14 2022 - March 16 2022 - 12:00 am CDT